Disclaimer: Since the longitudinal study is still underway (the last data collection will take place in early 2017) and data analysis will continue until the end of 2017, this data set is not yet in its final form. The data set will expand to include the data collected in 2017, and any errors revealed over the course of analysis will be eliminated. The codebook may also undergo further adjustment.
1. As provider of this data, Freie Universität (FU) Berlin supplies the data to the user for his/her own academic research and use only. Dissemination of the data to any third party requires permission from FU Berlin.
2. The data remains the exclusive property of FU Berlin at all times. This has no effect on the (copy)rights belonging to the authors of the data, especially Prof. Michael Daxner and Dr. Jan Koehler. Licensing or other rights of any kind are not granted through this agreement, nor does this agreement produce an obligation to grant such rights.
3. The data user shall use this data in accordance with all legal regulations, guidelines, and ethical principles that apply to the use of such data.
4. Following the completion of his/her research, the data user will provide FU Berlin (SFB 700) with a description of his/her investigations and a summary of his/her findings, free of charge.
5. FU Berlin does not explicitly or implicitly guarantee the correctness, comprehensiveness, consistency, or accuracy of the data provided, its usefulness for a specific purpose, or that its use does not infringe upon third-party rights. The data user releases FU Berlin from any third-party claims deriving from the data user’s use of the supplied data.
6. Publications based on this data require permission from the data authors at FU Berlin, if they are not among the authors of the publication. Permission shall be granted in response to a written inquiry as long as the data user’s publication does not significantly overlap with forthcoming academic publications of the data authors.
7. All publications that make use of this data shall name FU Berlin (SFB 700) as the provider of the data and include the following reference (first publication of the data through 2015):
Jan R. Böhnke, Jan Koehler, and Christoph Zürcher. “State Formation as It Happens: Insights from a Repeated Cross-sectional Study in Afghanistan, 2007–2015.” Conflict, Security & Development 17, no. 2 (2017). http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14678802.2017.1292681.